Thursday, July 17, 2008

-Checkmate-


Way back the infantile years, I’m bewildered by the pieces. Not knowing what it was, I picked it up and there I am sitting at the corner, pondering about these sphinxlike cryptic pieces. As it seasoned, bits and bits of precociousness sneak into my less perplexed labyrinth.
‘J.I.G.S.A.W’. Yes, it was the word. The pieces were like colorful mosaic tiles which are placed flawlessly together. The completion of the picto requires each and every piece where one will never be complete without the other. It was the first moral held in one’s memory and may it be me.

I am a tear jerk and a sentient soul within. Places make me happy and placement of the simplest thing adores me. I adore strolling along the sandy beach and there it was, a ‘C.O.A.S.T.A.L’. On the opposite coast of sadness is something, called a smile. It was the word and reasoning, I’m being told and it was my second lesson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in a place worn down by sadness
i’ll be the first to cry because I’m weak without you
when I couldn’t explain my own feelings, I was so wretched
i try to forget, but yeah, I know I can’t
i am always softly wishing and singing the lullaby
easing you to sleep and when you turn around
side by side I am, next to you
but because you cried
i have to cry on my own
when I remember those happy moments
and the hurtful ones
when I tremble with tears of disappointment
i’ll never forget the kindness because it keeps me going
though despair and insecurity may get me down
knowing you and knowing the future keeps me alive
you walk on, just being yourself
and i will walk on without saying a word
but to smile innocently
because you know why
tomorrow i’ll be stronger than the person I am today
because somewhere, you will be smiling even when you’re crying

*don't look at me like that with that silent treatment because you know it.

No comments: